Do pumpkin decor and the scent of maple candles enhance the opportunity for a quicker home sale during the holidays? Adding some holiday ambiance wouldn’t hurt according to those who know how to stage a home for a top sale during the winter months.
Although our architectural firm in Lake Tahoe does not specialize in advice on real estate, our clients reach out to us for lots of advice as it relates to their investment. And the subject at hand is actually fairly common.
So what helps to sell a home during the typically slower season for real estate sales? According to the pros, added ambiance.
We asked our peers in the business to provide some top tips to stage a home for a successful sale in the wintertime, and here is what they said:
1) Place a wreath on the front door. The more natural it looks, the more inviting it will be. Garland around the door is recommended as well to frame the entrance and set a welcoming visual. The more ‘generic’ the better. Stay away from glitz and glamour and too much color.
2) At the entry, if you have a small table available, fresh flowers are always a plus. A seasonal dried arrangement works, too.
3) Keep the mountain theme as one enters your home. Think: pinecones in a basket, dried seasonal leaves and pine boughs, and candles to light the way.
4) Open all the curtains to showcase your home’s natural setting (and be sure the windows are sparkling clean).
5) If you have rugs throughout the home, the cozier, the better for this time of the year.
6) We mentioned candles before, and we’ll mention them again. With winter weather underway, anything you can do to accentuate a warm and welcoming environment will be a bonus. From the mantels to the hallways and bathrooms as well.
7) Set the table as if your family was arriving for a holiday dinner. Consider a centerpiece of natural greenery that brings the outdoors in.
8) Don’t limit your decor to the dining room table. If you have a buffet, table near the couch, or end tables that bring the living room all together, a little holiday decor would do well to set the tone of a cozy and comfortable home sweet home.
If you are interested in learning more tips on how to stage a home for a successful sale, my wife, Kelly is the founder of Kelly Borelli Interiors and she and I welcome the opportunity to share our seasoned advice with you. Contact us at any time.